Sneezing Rabbit

bantiehen

Songster
8 Years
Nov 22, 2011
Montana
My Holland Lop doe has been sneezing once and awhile. I checked on her to make sure she is okay. her eyes aren't runny nor is her nose. Could she be allergic to something??? She is away from drafts.. Eating alright acting like herself....... Her eyes are clear and bright.. Thanks :)

My rabbits and goats both sneeze when they get new hay. I think the dried bits get up their noses when they eat it. I try to shake it a little to help with that before putting it in their cages. I save the alfalfa chaff to mix with water and add to my goats' feed so I'm not wasting it. :) The regular hay i give my rabbits doesn't have nearly as much, but it still sometimes makes them sneeze a little.

I just got a 6 week old polish bunny, and I'm not sure if it being in a new environment is making her sneeze, but she is constantly sneezing. I used a mixture of pine bedding, and some soft bedding that absorbs her pee. What kind of bedding do you use for yours now? I would like to try something new to see if that would help. Thanks.

The pine bedding is dusty... the pellets can be dusty and so can the hay. They'll sneeze!
I will sift the pellets with one of those wire screen food strainers, shake the hay out to get rid of the chaf.
My rabbits are on grates, but I use compressed pine pellets (horse stall bedding) for the litter box they go in, and for under the grate. A little bit of that stuff goes along way cause it really swells and soaks up the pee etc.

Back
Top Bottom