1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sneezing rooster

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by wantedman66, Dec 21, 2012.

1. wantedman66

wantedman66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    connecticut
    Dose anyone know what would cause my rooster to start sneezing,is it contagious can the rest of my chickens get it,also is there something i can do to help him thanks.

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    It is possible that he just has dirt or dust in his nose. Chicken respiratory infections usually have symptoms like nasal and eye discharge and gasping or noisy, labored breathing. If the sneezing continues, you could separate him to look for other symptoms and reduce the chance of passing any infection.

You could check out this link and scroll down to the section on respiratory disease: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/517234/medical-treatments-recommended-by-bycers#post_6580204

I know you are new to BYC forum, but in the future you probably should post health questions in the section of the forum for illness and emergencies.

I hope your rooster turns out to be fine.

3. wantedman66

wantedman66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    connecticut
    Thank you for the advice and still trying to navigate this site,alot of info and helpfull tips

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by