Sneezing, runny butts, possible gapeworm, What the Heck!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JakRat, Feb 14, 2012.

1. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    So maybe I am just being over paranoid again, but I feel like my flock is always sick or something.

They have clean food and water, normal litter and straw, ventilation, heat and they free range when it isnt to windy.

Several ov my girls have different issues:

Loose stool
    runny nose (not into chest though)
    Lots of ceacal stool
    One baby (3 1/2 months) not really growing the same rate as her sister
    Possible gapeworm in one hen (waiting for husband to get home to help check)

All are eating and drinking fine.

I gave them an epsom saly flush at the end of last week to try and clear out their runny butts, some have returned to normal droppings, others sound like a ketchup bottle.

I just but duramaycin in their waterers so I am hoping that that will help with something. I reeeeeallly dont want to worm unless I have too, but we will just have to see.

Any ideas? I have looked through the posts but there are just so many that I am just overwhelmed.

2. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    I just posted that now one of my girls seems to be burping... I am going to try to do the gapeworm check tomorrow.

I am just freaking out now. I feel as though my girls will never be well. It always seems like one thing after another. I dont know where these illnesses are coming from.

3. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    I am also worried that maybe I just gave them to much antibiotics... I am so at my wits end

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by