Sneezing / screaming hen - what should I do?

ChickenWisperer

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
KY
I have a hen that has been severely sneezing since last night. She came to us quite awhile back. She's just now getting over bumblefoot, but is healing SO well - as in it's almost completely gone now. I only notice it when they are on roost, when I go to put them to bed. She sneezes, and then sounds like she is bawking/screaming when she breathes inward after the sneeze/cough. When she breathes in, she also stretches her neck out.

My flock has had the sniffles before, and I thought it was just because of the time of year, with chilly temperatures and rain. The rest of the flock isn't coughing/wheezing/sneezing like she is, just high-pitched sneezes. Not even all of them are sneezing.

I introduced a rooster awhile back, but he came from a highly trusted person here on BYC and is showing no symptoms at all.

Everyone, including the hen, seems to be going about business as normal, with normal behavior, and etc.

What should I do?

Post to answer the base questions that I forgot -

1) What type of bird , age and weight. Golden Comet. Young - probly around a year. Not sure on weight.

4) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No signs of blood or trauma at all.

6) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Bird seems to be eating/drinking/free ranging as normal

7) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. Somebody has runny/yellow-ish poo. But I do not know who it us. Otherwise, all poo is as normal.

8) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? I am seriously considering antibotic treatment for the WHOLE flock, and quarantining the bird.

11) Describe the housing/bedding in use. Normal coop - bedding is hay.

Back
Top Bottom