Sneezing, Shaking Of Head, Since Baby Now About 30 Weeks Old

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Moose The Ameraucana, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Moose The Ameraucana

Moose The Ameraucana Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Seattle
    I have an EE who has been sneezing/shaking head since she was a baby and sometimes she yawns with no sound almost like crowing with no sound. She still does it & my other chickens sometimes shake their head but no silent crow, but less often. Does she have gape worm? (I live in Seattle) she also has not layed yet and she is around 30 weeks and im pretty sure is a hen but might be roo. PLEASE HELP

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Mites maybe?

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    You could try a lil squirt of Adams Plus Flea and Tick Spray at each ear and under the wattles. Cover the eyes when you do it. Maybe a squirt on top of the comb (again covering the eyes). I've had a lot of trouble with mites on heads this year. A lot of head shaking. It wouldn't hurt to give a round of antibiotic to this one and see if you can get rid of the sneezing. Make sure they have a shelter where they can get out of the wind this winter. How about supplementing and it's probably a good idea to worm with some Valbazen then work on the external parasites. Overall probably Ivermectin pour on and Sevin dust is a good start. Repeat that wormer in 7-10 days and you can start the Ivermectin anytime after that. You can always shop around here and look for other ways to deal with these things but in my experience you have to hit it pretty hard.

4. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    She probably has worms. The consensus around here is to use valbazen. I would worm your whole flock. Look for threads on worming with valbazen. There is alot of information to be had.

5. Moose The Ameraucana

Jun 19, 2011
    Seattle
    Thank you everybody! I will get them some external and internal parasite medication! [​IMG]

6. Moose The Ameraucana

Jun 19, 2011
    Seattle
    Quote:How many tablespoons should I give each chicken of Valbazen and I cant eat their eggs for a week after each dosing right? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by