Sneezing?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Spitman, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Spitman

Spitman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    I have one chick that seems to sneeze somtimes when i give treats and she is excited. She is very energetic and moves well ,Eye's clear she looks and acts normal, I've never seen any mucus in her nosterials. Could It just be a freaky thing she dose when she gets to excited? A few day's ago I noticed it one time she did it like five times in a short period then that was it till today she did it again but this time just 1 littel sneeze then on till eating any Ideas????

2. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Watch and see. Every once and awhile I notice a little sneezing in my flock. If I hear too much of it I might get some antibiotic going. Many times I don't and the sneezing discontinues. Maybe give their pen a good cleaning.

3. BackToMyRoots

BackToMyRoots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Matthews, NC
    Hmm...I'm new to this, but one of my chickies used to sneeze a lot whenever she was eating/had just eaten scrambled eggs. At first I was afraid she was sick, but then I saw another one doing it, connected it with eating scrambled eggs, and realized they were smearing egg all over their beaks while eating. I think the sneezing was just a reaction to keep the nostrils clear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by