1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sneezing?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lipkis, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Lipkis

Lipkis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Mom and I were watching our chickes. Handling them, petting their ever so soft feathers, and of course justr laughing at their cute antics and fluffy feathery butts! Everything was all great but then...

One of our chicks, Truffles, started sneezing. At first it was a little cute but she kept on sneezing and we weren't quite sure what was going on. She's not sneezing now. The other two chicks China and Queenie aren't sneezing which is good.

Does anyone have an idea on why our little Truffles is sneezing?

2. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Truffles probably got some dust or dander in her nose that started her sneezing.

If there is no drainage, puffy eyes, lethargy or stopping food and water consumption, sneezing every once in a while is OK.

3. Lipkis

Lipkis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    I know isn't it? ^.^

Okay! SHe doesn't have any of those symptoms I think you're right. She was standing by Queenie when she was trying to take a dust bath in their food. xD Maybe that's where she got it from. Thanks!

She's not sneezing anymoe. Whew...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by