Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kyle E, Jan 17, 2011.
My silver sebright is sneezing what do I do.
First of all if you would be so kind to fill out the sticky at the top of Emergency page then maybe we could help you better. thanks
1) What type of bird , age and weight. Silver sebright hen, not sure, im guessing 3 to 4 pounds.
2) What is the behavior, exactly. Its friendly come right up to me.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Just started
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? No
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. I'm not sure just got the bird yesterday
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Water and pellets and crumble.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. No
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? None
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? No
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. No wound, just simple sneezing.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use, um rabbit cage with hay in it and a sheet over it to keep warm
Could be an upper respiratory illness or could happen due to dusty new shavings or lots of amonia in the coop.
She was at the pa farm show all this last week maybe run down ????