1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sneezing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Doty6, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Doty6

Doty6 New Egg

Aug 1, 2013
    My chicks are sneezing...what do I do? Will they get well.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Can you give more information? How old are they? Did they come from a hatchery or did you hatch them? Do you have other chickens? Are there other symptoms such as watery eyes, nasal drainage, eye bubbles, swollen faces or eyes, or any bad odor?

3. Doty6

Doty6 New Egg

Aug 1, 2013
    They did not come from a hatchery...they are 10 months old...no running nose or eyes..I have 5 chickens and a couple are doing this I think...no odors either

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Sneezing alone without watery eyes and nose, or throat and chest rattles, may be related to dust in feed or coop litter, or mold. Make sure your coop has over head ventilation, and litter is dry. Have you ever had other chickens with respiratory disease? If they develop more symptoms, diseases such as infectious bronchitis, mycoplasma, and coryza may be present. Sneezing itself shouldn't mean a respiratory disease.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by