Sneezy chicken. Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chick_In_The_Burbs, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Sunny keeps sneezing. Not hard, they're fairly soft sneezes actually, just frequent enough that I notice. She's been sneezing for about three days. Not sure if it's a sign of something else or if I'm just a worry wart. Otherwise she's actig perfectly normal and spunky. The other two are perfectly fine, no sneezing whatsoever.

2. Payette

Payette Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2010
    Earth
    My buff orp has been sneezing lately, too. I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. [​IMG]

3. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    Mine tend to sneeze, but act normally. I think it's environmental. We had a hard rain for a few days, and my entire flock began sneezing. Speckledhen suggested that it was from ammonia from poop mixing with the rain and humidity. Since the dry weather, they're back to normal. As long as she doesn't have any nasal discharge, or goopy eyes, she's probably ok. [​IMG]

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Thanks! I hear so much about how easily respritory problems spread I just wasn't sure. We haven't had rain recently but weather in Colorado is funky. Constantly changing and completly unpredictable. Maybe it's just a dust/pollen thing then...?

5. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    It very well could be the pollen or dust. If they're not showing any other symptoms, I wouldn't worry! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  6. Payette

Payette Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2010
    Earth
    [​IMG]
    Thank goodness!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by