Sneezy chicken. Should I be worried?

Chick_In_The_Burbs

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Western Washington
Sunny keeps sneezing. Not hard, they're fairly soft sneezes actually, just frequent enough that I notice. She's been sneezing for about three days. Not sure if it's a sign of something else or if I'm just a worry wart. Otherwise she's actig perfectly normal and spunky. The other two are perfectly fine, no sneezing whatsoever.

My buff orp has been sneezing lately, too. I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not.
hmm.png

Mine tend to sneeze, but act normally. I think it's environmental. We had a hard rain for a few days, and my entire flock began sneezing. Speckledhen suggested that it was from ammonia from poop mixing with the rain and humidity. Since the dry weather, they're back to normal. As long as she doesn't have any nasal discharge, or goopy eyes, she's probably ok.
smile.png

Quote:
ya.gif

Thanks! I hear so much about how easily respritory problems spread I just wasn't sure. We haven't had rain recently but weather in Colorado is funky. Constantly changing and completly unpredictable. Maybe it's just a dust/pollen thing then...?

Back
Top Bottom