sneezy roo--HELP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by QuinnP, Dec 1, 2010.

1. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    Arlo has been sneezing over the last few days. He has a wee bit of discharge around his little schnoz, but he is still eating & drinking & talking. (beep beep beep) I am worried about him. I cant take him to a vet because I still owe them & I'm too ashamed of that to face them. I am worried about my sweetie, he is so little. His poopies are normal. lso, I can feel his breastbone when I hold him. I have a Vicks VaporSoother & I'm wondering if I should stick him in the bathroom withh it for an hour or two to clear his little chest. Myy poor little guy! I'm very worried!

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Has he ever been wormed? That can cause him to lose weight. For the sneezing, it could be a respiratory infection. Tylan 50 from Tractor Supply or feed stores is a good medication.

3. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    nope never been wormed. I will get the stuff from the feed store! Thanx!!

4. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    Neither of t he feed stores had Tylan 50 so I got him som vitamin/electrolyte solution. He is eating well but losing weight. there's not much of him to start with!

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

i would worm him still with Wazine or Safeguard liquid goat wormer, to see if he stops losing weight. If you can't find Tylan, try getting some Equate brand Childrens Cold & Flu medicine(grape). Depending on his size 1/2 - 1cc 2 x daily. Is he a bantam or Standard?

6. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    he's a tiny banty--fits into my hand (excluding his wingies. sleeps with me, eats but doesn't gain weight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by