Snipe Hunting 2009

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Well, while we were up north here we convinced the kids to all go out snipe hunting with me and the wife. We gave half the kids brown paper bags and the other half long sticks. Basically we started like this............

Set the kids up a football field apart, with the catchers holding the bags ready chanting lulululululululululu nonstop while standing on one foot.. The others had to use the sticks to beat on the bushes, branches and trees while chanting sir sir sir sir sir sir sir

I took the beaters out to the starting point, a quick text message confirmed that the catchers were ready and I snuck up the hill of the old railbed. I was wearing khacki shorts and a white t shirt so no body figured I'd try mokey business... they forgot that the shale up here is whiteish/grey. I layed down about 50 feet above everyone trying not to soil my pants as i heard....... lululu sir sir sir

lu sir lusir looser

After an hour of this I had to change my depends and the hunt was called off.

Here's pics from my facebook album [​IMG] http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=106993&id=522483714&saved#/album.php?aid=106993&id=522483714

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Kid's can be soooooo much more fun than television!!!

3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Hahahaha, so did they catch one!

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Have any of them figured it out yet?

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    most of the older kids, but my two 8 year old nieces want to go again in an hour or so [​IMG]

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

9. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Next thing you'll be telling us that you are taking them cow tipping. [​IMG]

10. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:Don't give him ideas, he once held a bob's big boy stature hostage.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by