Snohomish , WA chicken laws?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Jessica Rabbit, May 2, 2010.

1. Jessica Rabbit

Jessica Rabbit Mistress of Marans Manor

Apr 27, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    I am trying to find out for my mother if she can have chickens inside the city liits of snohomish. I have searched on line and called around but no one seems to have a straight answer. any input would be nice [​IMG]

2. ReiMiraa

ReiMiraa Chillin' With My Peeps

did you check the LORE on this site?

3. Jessica Rabbit

Apr 27, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    with no luck

4. ReiMiraa

ReiMiraa Chillin' With My Peeps

ok as of Feb 2 2010 the city of snohomish has no ordinances regarding chickens.
    they do not fall under livestock or pets.

sometime this year they are going to update their code. one citizen reccomended 4 hens per single family unite with no roosters.

http://www.ci.snohomish.wa.us/MunicipalCode.htm

this is a really good site search under the word "chicken" poultry brings up no results

5. Jessica Rabbit

Apr 27, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    Quote:That explains why I was having a hard time finding anything! Thank you so much for the information! I wonder if they have them BEFORE the implement a code they could be grandfathered in? That would be nice! If not I might get whatever my mother can't keep lol

6. Jessica Rabbit

Apr 27, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    OK so I did a bunch of digging and finally decided to call the city of Snohomish about the laws, I will paste this in the correct forum as well but since I know how difficult it is to dig up some subject I am posting it here as well since it is local information!

City of Snohomish:
    Currently chickens ARE lumped in with all other livestock. You are NOT allowed chickens on any lot under 40,000sqft.

This subject is being brought up in City Council and the laws are likely to change. The City official I spoke to is going to try and keep me posted as to the changes. It is looking as though they are going to be allowing 4-6 chickens on lots 5,000 sqft or larger as there is a lot of interest in raising chickens. I will give updates as I am given them.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by