1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Snotty looking beak, lethargic

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mamachick1293, Apr 9, 2017.

1. mamachick1293

mamachick1293 Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    Help!! This evening as I was checking my coop and my chickens, I discovered one of my 1 yr old RIR looking like she had just gotten caught eating an egg. Her beak was dripping with mucous. I cleaned it off with a towel and quarantined her. She did drink some water with apple cider vinegar with encouragement. I checked her an hour later and she had a small amount of mucous again. What is going on? It has been stressful lately with loud trenchers going for a few days but it couldn't be stress related, could it?[​IMG]

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    She looks healthy other than the snot. I would see how she looks in the morning. If the problem is ongoing then she might need a shot of tylan 50.

3. mamachick1293

mamachick1293 Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    Can I get that at a feed store or tractor supply? I have a son that is a paramedic that can help me give the shot.

4. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Yes

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by