Snow Birds

in my experience non feather footed or legged french and american dual/heavy breeds seem to not mind the snow to much as long as its not blowing and over their heads that is, most of the birds I've had will go out if its not windy or wet and the snow is packed down or plowed as well. Rhode Island red, new hampshire red, Marans non feather legged, red/black stars or sexlinks, rocks, orps...others will add to the list I'm sure.

63711_birds2_021.jpg

Buckeyes in about one (or so) feet of snow.

Last edited:
Our Brahmas were always out prancing in the snow, while everyone else hid in the coop for most of the day. They were even out when we had over a foot of snow. We shovel walking paths for our birds, but still most don't like to go outside. We just got some Buckeyes and Chanteclers and are hoping they prove to brave the snow too.

Although it rarely ever snows here, of the 13? breeds I've had, I notice it isn't breed specific here, honestly.

As stated above they will all come out as long as it is not below freezing and snowing. Mine venture out after it has snowed and it is not windy.

I get a kick out of my birds...none, not even the random layers will be the first to step in the snow! I have to go and shoo them out...even then, it's jump out, jump RIGHT back in! Hilarious!

I was going through so pics I had and noticed this one, they made all these little paths all over the place.
22834_002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom