Snow Cream...

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Jen4, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    The pics. are on my blog... http://jennifer-yates.blogspot.com this was my 1st time making it, the kids love it! I remember eating it when I was in 4th or 5th grade... its so cool!

If you makes your different post recipe please...

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    What did you add to it?

3. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Its on my blog... the 1st batch so much milk, sugar and vanilla, 2nd batch 1 can of sweeten condensed milk, vanilla and alittle milk and we added m & m's to it, 3rd batch like the 1st batch but we added choc. chips to it.

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Not to be the bearer of bad news, but do you realize that snow is the atmosphere's filter. It cleans out a lot of polution in the air. That is why they tell children not to eat snow. Sorry, please don't hate the messenger. [​IMG]

5. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    I read that if the snow has fallen for 2-4 hours its clean... who knows.... germs are everywhere, got to live alittle and eat snow cream [​IMG] I made sure it wasnt yellow... [​IMG]

6. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Now, some people think this is unsanitary but if you're adventuresome, give it a try. It's a winter treat that doesn't happen often and tastes better than ice cream.

Here's what I read when I googled it...

Note: ALWAYS - ALWAYS make sure the snow is clean. It takes at least one to two hours for snow to clean the pollutants from the air, then use only snow that has fallen after that first cleansing snow. It also goes without saying (but I will anyway), to make sure you do not collect the snow where animals and birds eat (or do other things). Cleanliness first. Stress that with the kids, because this is a treat even the younger ones can make for the whole family.

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Well if snow is the earth's air filter, I must be an algae eater because my Mama always made us snow ice cream.

8. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Jen4...looks yummy! Where I live in California we only get snow once every 10 years or so - and that pretty much melts as soon as it hits the ground. So I will have to use my handy-dandy snow cone maker to generate my own snow - thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it. [​IMG]

9. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I love it and it is probably cleaner than a lot of food we buy if we only knew. . .
    I hate snow, but if we get much, I try to 'eat my way out'. [​IMG]

10. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by