Snow Day for (almost) everyone!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Criskin, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

We had our first snow of the season here in central Arkansas and I was curious to see how my flock would react. I was stuck inside so hubby took care of them and snapped a few pictures. My FBCM roo (not pictured) was, as always, the first to burst out but hubby said he stood in the snow for a second, made a LOT of noise, then turned around and refused to step foot outside again. As you can see from the pics, most of the pullets chose to sit inside where it was dry and just watch the fun.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    The dominant hen in the last picture (second in line) does not look happy at all!

3. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Awww, their poor fluffy butts are getting wet! Look at one of the younger ones in the first picture. [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    You have gorgeous Buff Orps! [​IMG]

5. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    They ARE gorgeous! It's always so fun to watch mine in the snow... [​IMG]

6. stonykill

stonykill Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Canaan Ny
    my RIR's don't like the snow at all, and more often than not, stay inside when snow hits the ground. Cute Girls!

7. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

Thanks everyone! I'm awfully proud of them! I hatched them myself (from eggs I bought on BYC) and they are only 12 weeks old. They are so tame that I have to warn people who come over because they will swarm their feet hoping for treats or to be petted. They aren't all pictured but I think I have 2 BO boys and 5 BO girls. I was afraid the girl in the front of the bottom pic was turning into a "he", but I think she is just developing a little earlier than her hatchmates.

8. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

You have gorgeous Buff Orps! [​IMG]

x2 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by