Snow Day!! Now w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mountain Man Jim, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Mountain Man Jim

Mountain Man Jim Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like I'm not driving to work today [​IMG] We have knee deep snow and the plow hasn't come through yet. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean I get a day off [​IMG] Have laptop, will travel. Though I might just be checking the forum a bit more [​IMG]

Jim

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Enjoy your snow day! [​IMG]

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I know a few people who would be immensely jealous of your snow day. Not myself though. It's sunny, blue sky, and somewhere around 45-50* here, and not a speck of snow. [​IMG]

4. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey

Enjoy the snow. I wish we would have at least 1 snowfall here in Jersey. I think in this part of the country we are skipping winter all together. [​IMG]

5. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Wow, even a mountain man works on a laptop. :)

We are having a rain day in North Texas.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Me, for instance!!! [​IMG] Hey, I'd give anything for the temperature to be below 75!!! [​IMG] Enjoy your day at home!

7. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Mtn Man we're snow dayed down here to. The schools had cancelled by about 7pm lastnight. I think all of Colorado is on a snow day school wise today.

Ok for all of you who aren't getting snow or have temps above 25 right now.......just keep your comments to a minimum [​IMG] Sorry I'm tired of the cold
    (born and raised here) and the older I get the more I hate it. I would LOVE to have no snow and warm temps. I know we have more sunny days than most states but when were at around 30* for several days straight it just makes life miserable. And my chickens are not happy campers either.

8. Mountain Man Jim

Quote:
    I don't understand why New York is not covered in snow. If you like I can send some you way but, not too much. It's been a dry winter here too and I need something to ski on [​IMG]

Jim

9. Mountain Man Jim

Yep, we found out that the schools were closed when Boulder Valley Schools robocalled us at 4:30 AM; I thought maybe someone died[​IMG]

I'm not sure if we can really complain about the weather this winter, I think it's been pretty warm and dry. Heck, it seems that this is only second good storm of the season. And, as we always say around here, we could use the water; unless you don't want us to send you any [​IMG]

Jim

10. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Oh I know we need the moisture but heck do we have to have the cold with it!!! I'd settle for some good rain showers.

We moved up here from Arvada in July and that's what we always got down there in Jeffco was the call early in the morning but the last couple times we've gotten the night before robocalls. We've had more snow days in the last 3 years than my older kids or I ever had in Arvada the last 30 years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by