Snow has started in NW Georgia

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Yard full o' rocks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Well....its official. It is snowing in NW Ga.

Schools are letting out early and people are in a "panic". So funny to watch

Not expecting too much, maybe 1-3"....should be fun for the kids

2. mandieg4

mandieg4 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2009
    Middle Georgia
    I saw all the school closings on the news earlier, and laughed because it was warmer this morning that it has been for almost a week. We are south of Atlanta and it was 54* at 11:00.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Our new big snowstorm is due in this evening!! Schools have been closed here since before Christmas, first it was the holidays week and this week it's because of snow, cold and road conditions!!!

Enjoy!!!

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    It's snowing here too- but it's not the fun fluffy stuff. Now they're saying we'll get a "slushy" accumulation. Bah! I wanted to play in it! I wouldn't care if we got 3 feet- as long as we have power most of the time. I actually had 2 waterers that weren't frozen this morning!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Snowing here, too. [​IMG]

6. Yard full o' rocks

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Its too funny...all my chickens will stand outside in the rain. Just ran up to the coop and EVERYONE, in EVERY pen in inside the coop. Its like they're scared of the snow or something. Its actually even warmer than its been in days (a balmy 34F right now)

7. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    It's snowing here too [​IMG] and my chickens don't want to come out and play either, they too like rain [​IMG]

8. Yard full o' rocks

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:I think they're "chicken"...

BTW - where is Bryant, ALA....trying to get an idea how much more snow Alabama might be sending us tonight

9. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Yard full o' rocks :

BTW - where is Bryant, ALA....trying to get an idea how much more snow Alabama might be sending us tonight

Sending you snow? I thought it was you sending it to us [​IMG] Seriously though Bryant,Al. is in the very far NE corner of the state.
    I am 10 miles from Trenton,Ga. up on Sand Mountain of all places. Isn't Cartersville kinda next door to Trenton?​

10. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.

Sending you snow? I thought it was you sending it to us [​IMG] Seriously though Bryant,Al. is in the very far NE corner of the state.
    I am 10 miles from Trenton,Ga. up on Sand Mountain of all places. Isn't Cartersville kinda next door to Trenton?

Oh and your right, they most definetly chicken....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by