Snow! It's our turn

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Reinbeau, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I'm on what's called the South Shore of Massachusetts (but I'm not on the ocean). It's been snowing since noon, and it's been coming down at time at a rate of 4" an hour! I was out there shoveling, mainly because I just didn't want to sit in the house and it's so gorgeous out there, as soon as I shoveled to one end of the walkway I'd turn around and do it again! Did my neighbor's driveway (elderly mother and daughter live there, both are extremely overweight and shouldn't be moving snow), now hubby is home, so he's snowblowing the driveway. We've probably got five inches out there so far, we may get a foot. Yippee!! I love snow [​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

so where are the pics? I love that much snow.....we get ice or little blotches of snow :|

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Quote:Obviously from somebody who doesn't have to get up at 3am to plow [​IMG]

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I just came in from shoveling the coops...I think we got 12" already [​IMG]

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    My DH thinks I'm crazy for shoveling the run, but the girls love it. They have one place they like to dust bathe, so if I get it shoveled right away, it stays dry. The love that, it's so funny to see.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  6. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

We've got snow in NY too! And I love it whether or not I have to shovel it.

I like to x-c ski all through the woods in the quiet of the new fallen snow! [​IMG]

Already shoveled a trail for the chooks too.

7. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:I'll take some tomorrow. It's still falling out there - we'll end up with a foot, too!

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll post some pictures in the morning if we have a school delay! I can't imagine we'll get the day off...pretty light and fluffy stuff! Now the weekend storm looks to be a lot differant...gonna have a white Christmas [​IMG]

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Word on the street is that this is the baby storm....sunday is the big kahuna [​IMG]

10. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:My 5 yo son and I were out till after 8 in our snow shoes. It's rare that we get enough snow to enjoy them so we took advantage. He doesn't have school on Fridays so I could let him stay up a bit later than usual. It was beautiful! We walked right down the middle of our street (it's a dead end). It was so quiet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by