SNOW! Maine, chickens *PICS*

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by verthandi, Dec 4, 2007.

1. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    My plow man came to do the barn driveway this a.m. and scared the daylights out of the chickens. The rooster and this 3 year old hen made a mad dash for the coop ramp and got stuck in the snow on the ramp. I headed into the house to grab the camera after I was sure they were okay.

Every ones seemed to be back in the coop when I got back and I thought I missed a cute pic of the two of them chest deep in the snow. Then I looked 20 feet across the pen and found this...not a track in sight so she must have flown there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She was stuck and no way she was moving on her own, really glad I saw her and picked her up to return to the coop.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. Lilychick

Lilychick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2007
    MA
    OMG. This is so cute. You should turn it into a holiday card!!

3. verthandi

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Lol actually thought about that, but I don't have time to work on it this morning. Plus I haven't come up with the words to put on it yet...any ideas?

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I would so buy that card .go for it! Although I would be of NO help with how to word it.......we have some very talented "wordy" people in this forum I am sure someone will come up with something just perfect for that great picture.........sure glad you found her also.... [​IMG]

5. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I hope you don't mind that I swiped the image for my desktop wallpaper! That image makes me smile, so it will help me through my workday.

6. judyisfun

judyisfun Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2007
    Victoria BC Ca
    That is just too cute, my chickens hate the snow...........lol

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Oh my gosh, that photo has to be a Pic of the Week!!!!!!! It's great, for a Christmas card too. Do it!

8. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    That is too cute!! You know she was thinking "Quit taking pictures and get me the H*** out of here!"

I've been trying to think of a witty card saying you could use, but I can't think of anything yet...

9. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    That picture made my day!!!!! lol

10. verthandi

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Might be a ladies only card....."From one cool chick to another, Happy Holidays!"

I thought she was being awful quiet while I snapped a few pictures. Then when I tried to make her move, she just hunkered (is that a word?) down more. Then all H#ll broke loose, she is the only one that I have that hates to be picked up. I bought her as a year old and she has no human social skills.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by