Snow On The East Coast?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Orchidsilkie, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Orchidsilkie

Orchidsilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2012
    New mexico
    Can anyone believe the snow that people inthe East got? Amazing, right?!?! What are you guys doing with your chickens with all this snow?!?!

2. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    My hens chose to stay in the coop all day through the storm, pretty much. Their run is covered and I put plastic partway up around the sides in winter. It keeps out most of the snow normally, but this blizzard blew a lot of snow around and into the run anyway. We shoveled it out for them, but they still were not interested in going outside in the run during the storm, haha! So we made sure they had food and water inside the coop and let them ride it out however they preferred. Today they are back out in the run like normal. :)

3. Orchidsilkie

Orchidsilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2012
    New mexico
    nOW WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GET SNOW IN nm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. wantedman66

wantedman66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    connecticut
    Mine stayed in coop all day but I could'nt get to them if I wanted to.we got 32"took over an hour with snow blower finally clear an area for them in their run but still had to coax them out with treats,they don't like snow or wind.

5. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    We got 28 inches and there isn't a treat on the planet that could convince my girls to leave the coop

6. wantedman66

wantedman66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    connecticut
    That's funny that's all mine care about,they have been coming out more now since it's melting pretty quick here.looks like were gonna luck out this week end with a storm missing us.thankfully

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by