1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Snow Totals!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by countyroad1330, Dec 29, 2009.

1. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I absolutely love snow! I live a little south of Oklahoma City, OK where we got 14.1 inches of snow. That broke a record from 1890! They're calling it the 'Blizzard of 2009'.

How much snow did ya'll get???

2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    [​IMG] ZERO! Thank god and the sun. Lol

3. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    A dusting..that's it. Our winter snows vary year to year. By this time last year, we would already have accumulated over 14 inches. Our weather can be warm one day and snowing the next, so the snow doesn't stay too long. A few days to a week is the max usually.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Yep. Kinda sucks.... I love the snow.

5. crzychickenlady

crzychickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    We got 7 inches, they said it was the highest amount since 1989...or some year, lol.

6. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    none [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    3 inches that by 3pm was mostly gone.

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    We got two snow storms. The first one left 12.5 inches, and the second one 12 inches. I hate snow. I grew up in Western NY, and there is always a lot of snow there. However, WNY seems to know how to run snowplows. Snow removal in Nebraska is a joke.

9. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    We haven't had much yet. But there's suppose to be a blizzard that's suppose to last the whole weekend and maybe into this upcoming week! Winds are expected to reach 75mph! [​IMG] I hope everyone who's in the northern states who are currently hatching eggs are prepared for possible power outages... [​IMG]

And last night it was terribly windy! It snowed a little, but the wind was howling strongly all night. It was so windy that at first I thought it was down pouring rain outside because of the sound of the wind blowing against the house and everything.
    I like snow, but power outages and everything are the things I don't like.

10. karl lutz

karl lutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    8 inches on the ground and more coming.Yaaaaah tomorrow is deer season must track in snow and execute soft furrry cudddly helpless animals that are tasty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by