SNOW!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Penlady66, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Penlady66

Penlady66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Shinnston, WV
    My flock ranges in age from 4 1/2 months to 5 1/2 months, so they have never seen snow before. This morning when I got home from work I went up to let them out of the hen house for the day. One of the older Brahmas ran out like she always does, but stopped on a dime looked around and ran back in the house. I stood and watched them for a few and I kept seeing head poking out of the hatch and pecking at the show or tilting their heads looking at it. It was so funny. Silly birds! [​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    That is to funny! [​IMG]

3. wamtazlady

wamtazlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Kalispell MT
    I had the same thing happen with my kitten. Never knew they could stop that fast.

To encourage your birds to give the snow a try, you could put some straw over the snow. Then it might not look so scary.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Sounds cute!

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    If you can get a photo of your birds in the snow, you could enter it in this mini contest!
    Official BYC Mini Contest #6 - Post your best Poultry In Snow Picture and you can win a 2017 BYC...

Hope your girls get used to the snow or it's going to be a long winter for them!

6. Penlady66

Penlady66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Shinnston, WV
    My snow is already gone. Snow here doesn't usually last that long this time of year. Come Jan. and Feb we get more significant snows. But the girls did come out once the snow melted off the ramp to the hen house. I am so glad I got chickens again. I had forgotten just how fun they can be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by