Snow

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Matt A NC, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Here are most of the Pictures I took today. Some of the pictures are large.

Concrete Picnic Table: Table
    From the Back Porch: Snow 1
    From the woodshed down to the Henhouse, Dot's house is connected to the right with the mixed bantams, and the bantam pet cochin house is on the far right: Snow 2
    From the Front Porch out to Forsythia Hedge: Front
    WoodPiles: Snow 3
    Up from the Mixed Bantam Lot: House
    My truck ain't going anywhere: Truck
    These Hens aren't coming out, so I put their food and water in the house: HenHouse
    3 Dutch hens on the ground, Pigie(white cochin) and her 4 month old babies that she raised on the perches: Dutch Pen
    Freerange bantams in the cleared area in front of their house: Bantams
    Barbara, an 8 month old outside cat that we rescued, enjoying her first snow: Picture 1 , Picture 2 , Picture 3
    There was enough crust to support her weight until: Oops
    Barbara on the snow and 'Crow', an Ameraucana Pullet, on the grape vine frame: Picture

The PVC Pen: Picture
    I can and will rebuild it. It is just too useful not too. I moved the last group out of it on Nov 28th, so it was vacant. I hope the house in the back is intact.

Matt

2. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    I like how you've got your ladders hung up on the buildings although, how do you get them down?

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Great pics and nice place, thanks for sharing! LOL at Barbara, she doesn't look to be having much fun!

4. Matt A NC

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Quote:Just before she started following me she was rolling around with a snow ball. She figured out that if she jumped straight into the snow it would "pop" out a chunk of snow and she would have another "toy".

Matt

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I am glad I am on the other side of the state from you!

[​IMG]

6. Matt A NC

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Quote:If you look closely the highest part goes into a loop that is on the building, the bottom is then lifted and hung on a fixed hook. Just reach up and take down the bottom and stand it up. The top comes free as you do.

Matt

7. Matt A NC

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    We still have about 3 inches of snow on the ground, but there are some bare spots starting to emerge where runoff is melting it faster. Roads are clear.

Matt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by