SNOW!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seminolewind, Feb 9, 2013.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Being an ex-Long Islander NY, I am soooo glad I'm not there. In my 20 years of owning horses there, I can't tell you how many times I've had to carry buckets of hot water out to the horses in ice and really high snow. Not to mention the 200 foot gravel driveway we had! Clearing an area for the dogs to go potty. Being stuck at work overnight. Losing sight of my birdbath. I delivered Newsday , 400 papers a day from a car for 10 years---PLEASE be kind to your paper person. They probably cry every morning.

And I'd also like to say that we lived in Ridge, 1 mile due north was Upton-the heaviest hit this time.

And I won't post that joke about the couple that moved north to retire, LOL

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Today the NY news did a segment about one area of the LIE where about 30 cars were stuck overnight on one of the exit ramps. Many had been stuck in their vehicles for 12 hours. Volunteer firemen were freeng them and taking them to a 'warm up' center. LI got whacked big time.

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Wow, imagine living in a place like LI NY and being stuck in your car overnight- on the world's longest parking lot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by