Snowball & Coconut are fighting for LOVE !!!

aaronisloan

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 26, 2012
Today on the 04/02/2013 we had to split them up, I am sorry to those who felt for me and cared but I simply just couldn't do it I am splitting them up and monitoring them over the next 7 days...

Once again I just couldn't give my prize cockrel away...

Sry Guys. :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to the X-BATS though and the posibility of a replacment of COCONUT
ep.gif

Today on the 04/02/2013 we had to give back Coconut to his previous owner, as much as we love him we were sad to see him go home but it would only be round the corner.
We discovered that the original 4 hens we brought home were actually 3 hens and 1 cockrel, obviously we or the owner didn't know at the time but a silkie is always harder to sex.
COCONUT we will miss you so much and your clucking and wobbling will be traveling around in my head for years, see you buddy, hope we get another female from this as we may replace him for another female as now with 2 males they constantly fight so minimizing it to 1 will be better for him as he was a victim more than the dominant, OH!
Why did Snowball have to be MALE, WELL!

GOODBYE BUDDY, MY WOBBLING WORBLER...

sad.png

<<<SNOWBALL WILL HAVE TO BE THE LEADER NOW>>>

Bye, Aaron Sloan. 04/02/2013 You will be missed, gone but not to far away.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I still get emotional every time one of my chickens is either rehomed or dies. I just couldn't raise it from a chick and not have an emotional attachment. It's hard to choose between the males. I'm going through that right now with two cockerels who both want to be alpha roo and too few girls to go around.

I remember every one of my guys I've rehomed and hear about them from time to time. The good news is that you can remember them fondly and keep their memories with you. I like to think of all of them as having wide open fields to run in and find all the bugs their hearts desire.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss. I still get emotional every time one of my chickens is either rehomed or dies. I just couldn't raise it from a chick and not have an emotional attachment. It's hard to choose between the males. I'm going through that right now with two cockerels who both want to be alpha roo and too few girls to go around.

I remember every one of my guys I've rehomed and hear about them from time to time. The good news is that you can remember them fondly and keep their memories with you. I like to think of all of them as having wide open fields to run in and find all the bugs their hearts desire.
hugs.gif
Thank you, you have opened my heart and made me realise that he could be seperated from the rest and could still get on with the females. THANK YOU
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Sry to those who replied with all their heart but I simply couldn't do it...

Hopefully next year when it comes back around, I will enter him in the cheshire show. :) wish him luck.

Hey - it's your flock! You do what is best for your flock. I miss one of my cockerels I gave away and often want to go ask for it back. But of course I can't do that now - so it is definitely better to be certain before making the move. I'm glad you are happy about your new choice - in the end - that's what matters.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom