Snowed Inn - Breakfast by woodstove

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MissPrissy, Dec 19, 2009.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    No electricity was consumed in the making of this breakfast.

I love cooking on my little free standing wood stove.

Bacon, eggs, belgian waffles. It was sooooooo good. I should have waited and let the butter melt before I took the photo.

[​IMG]

I have a pot of chilli and spaghetti sauce cooking now. We were divided half wanted one and half wanted the other so I started a pot of both.

Also a giant pot of turnip tops are stewing for my pigs which they will get with creamed gravy this afternoon for a hot meal. The tops had seen better days and weren't fit to cok for our own dinner. So the pigs get a big meal today.

We have nearly 2 feet of snow and drifts that are getting close to 5 feet in places.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yum! What kind of stove do you have?

3. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Yum!! We just finished up some eggs and bacon breakfast.

I wish I had the ingredients for some chicken and dumplins.... we're up to 16" as of an hour ago.

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    you are just mean Miss Prissy. We had to see all those photos last winter of those delicious meals cooked on your wood stove. Just when I was beginning to forget, you bring it up again. Geesh. Have pitty on those of us who dont have one.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Should I say we only have about an inch of snow. I can still see the grass thru it. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    YUM! I've been waiting for this to come up, especially after I saw VA got the snow!

Last year I got so inspired by the pics that I cooked breakfast in our fireplace- DH was fascinated- and he used to be a Boy Scout!

Hope the Miss P family is staying warm and toss a few snowballs for me, somebody!

6. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Food cooked over wood heat tastes much better. [​IMG]

7. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    We have a wood burning stove that I can cook on. The last big ice storm we had left us without power for several days, but we still ate like kings! [​IMG] Those stoves can be lifesavers, that's for sure.

MissPrissy, that breakfast looks yummy!

8. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    are those made with duck eggs ? i have seen your recipe for the waffles look good [​IMG]

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    MP, I like the the pics of the food, however I want to see your stove [​IMG]

10. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    No duck eggs. The ducks are not laying. They won't start back until probably march. I had to use chicken eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by