Snowy Mallards didnt make it :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aineheartsyou, Mar 24, 2011.

1. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    I got a call this morning at 530 saying that my poultry shipment was in but they werent making much noise and she was worried. So I rushed to the post office (20 min drive) and all of my snowy mallard ducklings were gone and several of the packing peanuts [​IMG] Thankfully my cayugas made it with a whole bunch more packing peanuts ( dunno what I am gonna do with them, cant have roos here) but I am still heartbroken that my mallards didnt make it [​IMG]

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry to hear that. Call them and im sure they will sen dout replacements

3. aineheartsyou

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Quote:They wont because I got insurance. I wont ever order from Ideal again

4. CountryPantry

CountryPantry Fat Matt's Poultry Farm

Feb 23, 2009
    Hayesville, NC
    it is not Ideals fault. They have no control over the shiment once it leaves their hands. They pack it to travel and send it on. Weather and PO handling have more to do with the problems. Sorry this hapened to you, but please don't blame the hatchery for it. By taking out the PO insurance thar released them from replacing the dead birds. Again sorry!!

5. aineheartsyou

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Quote:It is not that they wont replace the birds its my whole experience with them.

6. CountryPantry

CountryPantry Fat Matt's Poultry Farm

Feb 23, 2009
    Hayesville, NC
    It is not that they wont replace the birds its my whole experience with them.

I am really sorry to hear you had problems with them. I have dealt with Ideal for more than 20 years and have never had bad services from them. I did get a grouchy customer service rep once, found out later it was a relative filling in. [​IMG] They have always been more than fair with all of my problems. Doing 4-h for 23 years I dealt with a lot of the hatcheries and Ideal was the nicest one.

I am very sorry you had problems. please excuse the typos, my keyboard is acting up today!​

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  7. Lamar Estate

Lamar Estate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    aineheartsyou:

I'm so sorry about that. What a sad experience.

I'm sure it's not about the money or getting replacements, but that you were holding little ducklings (and roosters) that had past away.

Please give your baby Cayugas kisses and squeezes from me.

Sincerely,
    Amanda

8. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Ok, question? Does the insurance placed on them not allow you to get there value back from the PO?

9. aineheartsyou

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Quote:Yes, I had to file a claim for the cost of those birds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by