So... Ameraucana, or Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by OrpingtonBrahma, Jun 30, 2016.

1. OrpingtonBrahma

OrpingtonBrahma In the Brooder

Jun 2, 2016
    Illinois
    So, I have more birds of a breed from this confusing breed duo. Well.. They are actually from my family member's flock. Not mine. They also have a Roo from this breed. I was curious because they said that if I wanted to breed their birds that I could. If they are Ameraucana I might be more inclined to breed them than if they are Eggers. (They thought that their one and only roo was a Rhode Island Red... I looked at it and said that that it wasn't due to Tuffs and Beard)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. the one on the bottom looks like an easter egger, and the one i'm not sure about

3. FFFAviaries

FFFAviaries In the Brooder

Jun 30, 2016
    True Ameraucanas (among other characteristics) should have slate (blue) legs. Both of these appear to have the green tints in their legs, which is a giveaway that they are the Easter Eggers. Neither have the full beards and muffs that a true Ameraucana should, but this could be due to age, etc., so it is hard to tell. But--I would almost guarantee that these are EEs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by