SO ANGRY! Remind me that my parents raised me better....

obxWaMi

Songster
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
OBX, NC (Roanoke Island)
Don't you just hate when people in positions of power make rules or policies and then break them to suit their own needs. And have no remorse or care as to who they hurt.

Our family has been involved with a local theatre for 10 summers and have anxiously awaited the day when our granddaughter was old enough or mature enough to be on stage. This should have been that summer. BUT, the executive producer, who used to be a good friend, made the "new policy" that children had to be 6 years old at time of auditions in order to audition to be in the show.

Tonight was the first night of rehearsals to include the children who were chosen as cast members. One of the office staff for the production company has a child who was cast even though he is only four! Not only is he clearly not old enough by policy rules, but he didn't audition at all!
My granddaughter is getting ready to turn 5. She has been at the theatre with us watching our daughters perform in the show since she was old enough to walk and has been around the theatre so much that she knows the scenes and knows the songs. She is very well behaved, and outgoing. She was heartbroken when we told her she couldn't audition.

What makes it even worse is that the entire time we've known the executive producer one of his famous saying has always been, "The rules don't have to be fair, they just have to be consistent".

BTW, this isn't the first inconsistency in the rules/policies we've encountered this summer with this EP. He conveniently changed two others that affected our family this summer, too. This was just the final straw! My parents raised me not to hold a grudge or to "get even", but MAN, this has pushed me to my limits!

Just had to get that off my back.

Back
Top Bottom