So annoyed with USPS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LuvMyPolish, Feb 22, 2013.

1. LuvMyPolish

LuvMyPolish Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    Roy, WA
    I don't understand how our postage rates continue to go up yet service goes down. Had an order of eggs shipped to a buyer, box was CRUSHED! Eggs fine but none hatched I'm assuming thanks to such rough handling. Being a nice person I'm going to replace the eggs for free, buyer paying shipping again. Now another dozen are "lost" & the tracking number goes nowhere. I'm so frustrated. My boxes are beyond well marked, addressed correctly, etc. Imagine if handling & service improved people would be more than willing to pay without complaint. I'm now behind 2 dozen eggs and have two frustrated customers.:(

2. rosemi78

rosemi78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Ashland, Missouri
    I'm afraid I'd be showing my not-so-nice side to anyone and everyone in my postal system. I know it won't fix things, and it's probably not the fault of anyone local, but... There's no excuse for that!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/744566/how-best-to-package-eggs-for-shipping-do-s-and-don-ts

4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    you can package the eggs the best you can but even if the postal people take care even if the box gets set someplace upside down you could loose your hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by