So at least one chicken gets to live

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by beverlyl, Sep 9, 2009.

1. beverlyl

beverlyl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2009
    Morristown Arizona
    Yesterday me and DH were working on hen house, thinking that it will cool off sometime and they may need it, we finally got to hot and went inside to cool off. I decided to go check on the chickens water before we went home at 2pm(chickens live at my parents, we can't have farm animals in our community [​IMG]) and there on the ground was a cute little egg. [​IMG]. and [​IMG] what do they think the laying boxes are for.[​IMG]. So then today I went to feed and water and nothing at 8 then on my way back by my parents I stopped and checked and [​IMG] another egg and this time it was in the laying box [​IMG] it was pretty small but at least it was an egg [​IMG]. So the other 29 better step up!
    [​IMG]

2. StacyK

StacyK Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    Sumner, WA
    YAY!!! Congratulations! I just have 6 & getting 3-4 eggs a day now for the last 2 weeks. Still have 2 that need to step up [​IMG]

Mine found the nesting box on the second also, but someone thinks laying at the bottom of the ramp is the way to go, lazy girl!! [​IMG]

3. skywatcher

skywatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Arlington,Indiana
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReeeeeeeeeeeeeTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    Won't be long before you can have scrambled eggs yummy
    [​IMG]

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop