So ater getting all upset at me two years ago, my mom bought chicks yesterday

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by zade11, Feb 20, 2012.

1. zade11

zade11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Evansville Indiana
    That's right, I buy chicks after researching how to take care of the babies: I'm in the wrong
    She buys chicks not knowing how to care for them...I'm having to do so. lol, it is what it is, I don't really care, but she doesn't know what breed they are, she claims to have gotten three different kinds, but it looks like there are only two different breeds. I don't know what breeds they are but here are 2 pictures of 2 of the different looking chicks she got[​IMG]My iPhone took the picture upside down for some reason...i was not holding it that way
    [​IMG]It's nap time, I'll post a better(right side up) picture of this guy in a bit

2. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Looks like a Buff Orpington and a Barred Rock :) Cute little things!

3. zade11

zade11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Evansville Indiana
    thank you very much. here's a video if that helps at all...i just set my iphone in there little home for a bit while i cleaned one of there lil butts off
    Edit:it would probabably be more helpful if it weren't sideways lol

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the black and white ones i would have to say are going to either be barred rocks (straight combs...barring will be nice and even) or doms (rose combs...although they can have straight combs sometimes...barring patteren will be a cuckoo patteren)...as for the yellow chicks there really is no telling till they get older and feather in

5. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I see 2 different black ones. The ones that are mostly black with just the yellow fuzz underneath are probably black Australorps. The black ones with the white dot on their heads are probably barred rocks. The yellow ones, it's hard to say. If they are bright yellow, they are probably a white breed, like leghorn or white rocks. If they are more of a caramel color, they are probably buff Orpingtons. hth!

Oops! Actually, after watching the video, it looks like the yellow ones are sexlinks, maybe Golden Comets?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by