So beautiful, but what am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by luvmychicknkids, May 14, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    This is my little sweetheart. When I first got her the only guess I could get was a single combed GLW...but I never thought the coloring was right. Well, she is definitely not a GLW, but I don't know what she is. Any guesses? She is a definite beauty and so sweet!!!! The poor little darling doesn't have a name yet.....I want it to be perfect. [​IMG]

First, here is her baby pic:
    [​IMG]

And here she is now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Very pretty and so dignified. Maybe she should be "sophie" for sophisticated [​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Ohhhhh.......I like that!!! A LOT, actually! I had hoped I might get a good name suggestion or two!!! [​IMG]

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Except for her yellow legs she looks a whole lot like my little EE X BR (Though I know thats not what yours is)

I'll have to get a good pic of her tomorrow and post it, the simularity is just unreal.

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    It is funny that you say that.......there was just something about her that gave me an "EE" feel....can't even pinpoint what. But she came from TSC so I am sure she has to be pure....ummmm.....something. [​IMG] I would love to see the pics of yours. [​IMG]

6. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I may way off base here, but she sort of looks like my buttercup.

7. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

She is so beautiful. I'll be keeping an eye on what people think she is! I want one!! Okay, well not just one, maybe 6 or 7 ... [​IMG]

Em

8. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:LOL.....you sound like my mother!!! She is having to babysit until they move outside because of my asthmatic son and she is screaming for me to find out what she (and a couple of my others) is. [​IMG] She want one (or 6 or 7) too!!! LOL

Thanks guys.......I will look up buttercup. I am clueless. When I got the babies I avoided the ones they had a bunch of and grabbed the ones of which the hatchery threw in two or three. [​IMG]

9. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    The baby pic looks alot like my seabright but the bigger pics are definately not. I don't know. Interesting pattern. Beautiful whatever it is. I think Sophie is a great name.

10. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    [​IMG] at myself. I am sorry, I am extremely sleep deprived. It can't be a buttercup, the comb is wrong, but the coloring is rights:gig

It is beautiful and you got a lesson on buttercups. SORRY!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by