So bummed and excited at the same time

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kris41, May 28, 2010.

1. kris41

kris41 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2008
    Maine
    I am so bummed tonight. Our anniversary is tomorrow and my husband surprised me tonight with a new brinsea incubator and I have no eggs saved to try it out. We have used the foam incubators a couple of times now with no luck. Last weekend we were due to hatch 3 doz of our eggs. Only one made it. It was really too bad because these were the last of the eggs from our hens and roo who were attacked by a fox. I was really hoping to get some of their babies. I wish I had enough eggs saved up to start this incubator right away, but since I didn't know it was coming, I gave all our eggs to relatives and did alot of baking. Hopefully I can make it a few weeks until I have spme eggs saved up to to try out my new incubator. [​IMG]

2. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    Go get them back from your relatives!!!!

Just kidding, but have fun with your new incubator, it's so easy after the foam ones.

3. kris41

kris41 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2008
    Maine
    Yeah, I wish I could but they already think I am nuts. Imagine if I started taking their breakfast away from them. I don't think that would go over too well. [​IMG]

4. cluckers&quackers

cluckers&quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    Vermont
    Do you know anyone locally that you could maybe get some eggs from? or maybe try craigslist and see if anyone is posting any?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by