1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So. Cal. Silkie Cockerels ~beaut~ Need good home for roosters

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by suburbanminifarm, Sep 3, 2009.

1. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    I am located in North San Diego County -- I need to find homes for my 4 gorgeous and sweet four month old lap chickens.
    **They are from one of the best breeders in the country and are show stock definitely. They would make great hen companions, kids pets, 4H birds, whatever!
    Please if you know anyone send me a message, I have had no luck on Craigslist or even when I contacted 4H directly. We especially like the black one, he is my daughters pet and has been to a show already. Our zoning allows chickens but prohibits crowing! I am afraid we are going to get in trouble with animal control any day now.
    Here are the colors: 1 black, one blue, 2 partridge, possibly one strange colored heavily feathered sweetheart but he has not practice crowed yet so I'm not sure if he's a she -- I just have a bad feeling! LOL. I was asking 20.00 just to make sure they got homes not Chinese cooking pots. [​IMG]
    Great/perfect feet on all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. suburbanminifarm

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    Anyone? Please? I have received only 1 reply....[​IMG]

3. If i were only closer [​IMG]
    Hope you find a home for those pretty things !

4. Shelanie

Shelanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    I need to talk to DH, but it's a possibility.

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I would be interested in the weird colored one at least, maybe one or two others... I am in Riverside. I promise not to eat them. Could we meet half way, like Temecula-ish?

6. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    Dang! I wish I had the room [​IMG] Nice looking cockerels [​IMG]

Chef

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    The one pictured in the middle kinda looks like a pullet to me. [​IMG] Great looking birds either way!

8. suburbanminifarm

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    Oh of course I would be willing to meet anyone halfway if it means a good home for one of them!!! I'll PM you!! The pics are so bad they look better in person I promise! Yes some sorta do look like girls.[​IMG] And the strange colored one is soooooo nice, you can hold him on his back and cuddle him, he is just a fluffball. One of the partridge is like that too. And the black is a well -mannered boy, friend to my daughter, def boss of the yard but never nasty and turning out to be quite handsome.
    Anyone else interested? Need better pics?

9. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    If you shipped, I would definitley be interested in the male in the very first pic.

10. suburbanminifarm

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    Here are better pics; yes they are in my kitchen and yes I will prob wipe the counter before I cook breakfast. Probably.
    Black one
    [im[​IMG]g][/img]
    Blue one with some junk in his hair ?watermelon?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

partridge #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by