So. Calif. Free Roos: Java, Polish, Silkie, Cochin (bantum)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by silkiepjsg, Oct 9, 2007.

1. silkiepjsg

silkiepjsg In the Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Altadena, Calif
    We hatched chicks in May, and have not had the heart to send our baby roos to the feed store, where they can go home as "food." But the crowing is becoming unbarable, and so they must go. Some are quite interesting.

Java - an older large breed variety. We hatched one hen and one roo. The roo must go. If you would be interested in a breeding program, I would loan the hen to you too. We could discuss the details....

Polish hatched from a BLUE egg, carries the blue gene, and ofspring would lay blue eggs. I also have one female of this same type, and possible arrangements could be made for breeding here too.......

Friendly Silkies: Orange (buff), Grey, and Black with Brown (I believe a partrige mix, that wasn't exactly on color.) I have a total of 4 that are grey/black and 2 with brown in them. They are soooo friendly. Especially the buff one.

Two Cochins, bantum size. Also friendly. One of them is my 7 yr old son's favorite of all we hatched. He is grey with a pretty pattern of string of pearls spots. The other cochin is a light grey, like a dove color. He is very pretty.

Can you come get them NOW? [​IMG]
    Near Pasadena, California. We are going to San Diego area in the next couple of weeks and could deliver them along the way too.... [​IMG]

I can send photos of any of these, except I did not take photos of the females....But I guess I could...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. angelmarie

angelmarie Songster

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    any silkie roos left? [​IMG]

3. silkiepjsg

Mar 19, 2007
    Altadena, Calif
    You just missed him! May 26th he left us. He was great too, puff of grey, I thought just beautiful, as he was soooo puffy.
    Anyway, Buba is giving him a good home now, out toward Valincia.
    :)

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    is the grey cochin with white spots still available? I will be in the area Tomorrow!

5. silkiepjsg

Mar 19, 2007
    Altadena, Calif
    Oh, no, its not. The original message was actually from a year ago, May of 2007. We kept our favorite roos, and then just had to give them away as we have too much to take care of (we used to put them in a box every night so that they would not wake up the neighborhood.) Then we had to let them out every morning. It was twice a day to take care of the roos, and they were noisy, as roos are. But my favorite was indeed the grey-white fluff ball!
    I do know of a store that sells roos that are grown.
    Wes's Pets and Feed: 4424 N. Peck Rd. El Monte, 91732
    (626) 442-0781
    Wes got all of our other roos, as one year ago no one wanted them!

Where do you live?
    Gail

6. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Songster

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    If you get another pair(or more) of the polish please let me know. Ive been looking for polish every were with no luck....

7. silkiepjsg

Mar 19, 2007
    Altadena, Calif
    I hatched them from egg-bid.
    Polish, blue eggs. I don't know if this person is still selling or not, as it was a year ago.
    Gail

8. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Songster

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    Ohh I see. Well if you ever hatch more and are interested in selling them please let me know i would be very interested. Also they dont have to be the kind that lays blue eggs. I would be interested in any color bantam polish.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: