1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So cool!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Mr. Ree, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Well got a call at 4:45 this morning that my aunt had just delivered her twin boys. Her water broke around 2 am and she delivered the last one at 4:45. Havent seen them yet but cant wait to go see them tomorrow. They are 7 weeks early and they are fairly healthy to be born so early. So here is what she named them and what they weighted and how long they were:

Grayson Thomas:
    4 lbs 14 oz and was 18 inches long

Kaden Ray:
    4 lbs 8 oz and was 16 and 3/4 inches long

And the coolest part is that they were not suppost to be identical twins and they are. I have a few pics of them and will try and post them tomorrow.

~Casey

Edit: Here are the pics that my cousin took of her little brothers today. I hope I get the names right on them, regardless they are still cuties! Poor little Kaden is under oxygen.

Grayson:

[​IMG]

Kaden:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
  2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Congratulations Cuz!!! I know you must be excited! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!

[​IMG]

3. Foghorn

Foghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Wow! Thats fantastic! They look great! You must be so excited. By the way, getting a call the same minute the last one was born is pretty special.

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Nice pictures. I'm glad they are doing well for being born so early.
    I'm waaaaaaaay "broody" and hubby is having NONE of it.... [​IMG]

5. Foghorn

Foghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    "I'm waaaaaaaay "broody" and hubby is having NONE of it.... "

Now that is funny!!!! I love it!

6. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    [​IMG]

~Casey

7. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Very cute, for being so early nice big boys.

8. ErinRN

ErinRN New Egg

Feb 3, 2007
    SW Indiana
    Casey - [​IMG]
    Congrats on new additions. [​IMG] I have a really cool job, I am a Labor and Delivery RN!! I get to (help) deliver new babies!! I have helped 2 moms with triplets and several moms with twins. Sometimes the moms have to be in the hospital for several days to weeks to months in the hospital prior to delivery. Blood Pressure issues, dilating issues, pain issues, etc.... It is the most wonderful experience bringing and help bringing new life into this world. I have 2 boys ( 12 & 8). The fun part is that I get to play with babies all day long and get to come home and get a full nights sleep!!!!!! [​IMG]

ErinRN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by