So darn excited!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TennesseeTruly, Jan 7, 2011.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I just got my largest order yet for ducklings! A woman an hour away wants 30 Indian Runner ducklings!!! She sent me a deposit yesterday. I'm so psyched!!!

I love my Runners!!

Laurie!!

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Well done. When are you going to start incubating?

I got an enquiry last year from some in Western Australia who wanted forty- but I wasnt set up for that many- or prepared to ship that many day olds to the other side of the country. I know its done all the time over there- but I didnt feel comfortable doing it. The money would have been great- but there was no way I could have gotten 40 to hatch close enough together to send all at once. So glad your lady can come pick them up- and good you got a deposit too.

3. MsMelvin

MsMelvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Good for you Tennessee....[​IMG]

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I'm going to start collecting eggs within the next few days. I figure that I'll put 45 eggs into the incubator. That way, with any infertile eggs, any that don't make it I should still end up with 30 and then some. I'm telling you, word of mouth is really the best kind of advertising there is. I've said it for years. That's how I sold many of my parrot babies when I was breeding parrots. I'm also going to be in on the Easter craze this year! LOL

Laurie

5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Well Done...Congratulations on selling a bunch of birds. So excited for you. Happy Hatching.

6. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats! Sending happy hatching vibes!

7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    [​IMG]
    I can't wait to raise some Runners! I love my purdies now! Imagine a bunch of cutie babies running around. Too awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by