So disappointed, bought some banties from TSC

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stone_family3, Apr 10, 2012.

1. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    got them home and realized they have some feet issues (bent foot, bent toes and "club" foot). I called TSC and they said they couldn't take them back. Luckily my bantam isn't rejecting them, I just feel so bad for them.

2. 3LilBirds

3LilBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry. [​IMG] Can you fix any of them?

3. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    hmm weird law in USA

in UK even if your animal dies within 7 days they must be replaced or refunded by law

4. stone_family3

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I don't know, I'll have to get a few pictures of their feet problems. The one "clubbed" foot seems like it doesn't bend at all.

5. stone_family3

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Here is bent toes
    [​IMG]

"clubbed" foot, it appears to not bend and the chick is walking on the whole leg instead of just the foot. Seems to have problems with the whole hind quarter.
    [​IMG]

Another crooked/bent toys, seems to waddle instead of walk.
    [​IMG]

6. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    I think I would demand they refund my money. That is terrible!!! You might be able to fix the crooked feet with taping...I know there are threads that show how to fix these problems with surgical tape.

Good luck.

7. stone_family3

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm going to call back tomorrow and talk to the manager. I already placed the chicks under the hen, I hope she'll accept the new ones.

8. Megs501

Megs501 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Flint Hills KS
    My Coop
    Poor baby chicks! I would also demand my money back. I wouldn't have the heart to give the chicks back though. :(. Haha but I'm a softy, once I take in a new baby it's MINE, much to my husbands dismay. ;). I do hope you can correct their feet and mama bird accepts them. Good luck.

9. stone_family3

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Mama is accepting the "disabled" birds, I thought she would reject them but she's caring for them. I don't know if they'll just replace them or make me bring them back.

10. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    i would demand a refund and explain that you cant return them now as mamma has taken them in and would break her heart to losse them and the fact TSC cant sell em they would cull em anyway so you can in effect adopt them to give them a better life

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by