1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So Disappointed! Eggs didn't come today!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happybooker1, Oct 6, 2012.

1. happybooker1

happybooker1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2012
    North of Houston Texas
    Bought an Ebay auction the night of Oct. 2. Was mailed PM on the 3rd, which would have put it here today, the 6th.

They didn't come!!!!!! They're in the sorting facility in Houston and now since Monday is a holiday I won't get them till Tuesday!!!! A full week after I ordered them. What are the chances that ANY of them are good still?

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

It is so frustrating to rely on the USPS -- and I know some of them really TRY.

I guess, just hope for the best, and proceed on Tuesday as you would have---if they had arrived when the were supposed to. You never know.... But yeah, the chances are reduced. Good luck with the eggs.

3. diinman

diinman Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2012
    Illinois
    My Coop
    totally understand.. actually, i paid for express shipping and the eggs were sent via us postal. I received them 7 days after they were sent. Hard telling if they were okay. did candle and a couple did not show anything but i have kept them in incubator just in case. It is hard to say what they endured during the seven days. Now i am trying to figure out what humidity levels are best to hatch. so, i can't say for sure if it is the wrong temps or humidity or if the eggs suffered from shipping, or both.

4. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

That part is one of the big frustrations! -- good luck with the chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by