So disappointed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chantelhatt, May 21, 2017.

1. chantelhatt

chantelhatt Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2014
    i set 77 eggs, 12 pheasant and 65 chicken, in two separate incubators. One incubator had an automatic turner which was great and carefree, one didn't have a turn which I was used to and turned them myself like I have in the past years. My incubator with the turner started melting and I had to shut it down because it was a fire hazard. Moved everybody into the other incubator without the turner. Borrowed another incubator, put my eggs back to where I hoped would be better. Set the egg turner back up and hoped for the best.....its day 21 now and I have only had two chicks hatch....I will definitely wait the extra couple days.....it's just so disappointing. I usually have a 70-80% hatch rate so I decided this year I would sell my chicks. Already have them spoken for and I am so embarrassed that only two have hatched ☹️

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    :hugs So sorry!

3. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I am so sorry!
    I hope that some hatch for you. Do you have any pips?
    I wonder if the average temperature was a bit low in the new incubator.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Scary, was it really melting? :oops: Was it a DIU or brand name? If later I would certainly complain.

5. JamiHartley

JamiHartley Just Hatched

May 17, 2017
    Fl
    So sorry this happened. Always disappointing when they don't hatch. You did the best you could!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by