So does an egg from other birds taste like chicken eggs?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by karlamaria, Jul 12, 2011.

1. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I have never had any other eggs, I have always wanted to try one, but feared they were gamy or wild tasting. I would love to try them, so are they much stronger then chicken eggs( duck or quail)

2. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    I've had duck and quail eggs and I really can't tell much of a difference from fresh chicken eggs. Maybe a bit richer, but if you want the best IMHO try turkey eggs. Really nice tasting.

3. RedBaron

RedBaron Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2010
    Have you tried guinea eggs? I prefer them over chicken eggs. They look really nice when you crack them open. The whites are crystal clear and the yolks are dark yellow and there's hardly any white blobs like you find attached to yolks of chicken eggs. And the flavor is wonderful and really richer. I've had them fried and scrambled so far. They are a bit harder to crack. Try them if you get a chance ... YUMMMM!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I'm not much of a straight egg eater, but my husband is. He loves the homegrown chicken eggs best, but our duck eggs also get a [​IMG] from him. He says they are a slightly richer flavor than the chicken eggs.

5. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I would love to try all these eggs! Wish I knew where to find them.

6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    my dad had a goose egg once, said it was to rich for him but they are great for cooking brownies and cakes with

7. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:My guineas hide their eggs and I never see them. The first thing I know mom shows up with a new batch of babies. This is this years new batch.

[​IMG]

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  9. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I buy duck eggs from a neighbor occassionally--large, very rich, and FUN. Huge and my kids love to try them. GReat price at $3/ doz

10. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by