So eggcited (corny yes but i am excited) *Update*

Ma Noob

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 3, 2010
South Australia
*My daughters soon to be class at school has an icubator in the class, After being worried none were going to hatch today when candling we saw one moving, by the afternoon one had cracked a bit through the shell but not the membrane, and another had cracked the shell and could be heard peeping loud!

Hopefully by morning there will be some fluffy buts waiting for the kids! Not sure how others are going, alot of dark shells so fingers crossed!

Was so exciting, none of us wanted to go home!

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Sending good hatching vibes your way!! Good luck!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

was very pleased to get to school this morning to have 2 little fluffies in the brooder. With another pipping through in the incubator. Was hoping that would have been out by the end of the day when we got back, but it hadnt moved much more, but 3 others were also starting to make their way out. Hopefully that will make 6 chicks very soon.

Unfortunatly today is friday and will have to wait until monday to see what happens to the chicks, but its all very exciting!

Remind me again how posting about your excitement of an incubator being available on a chicken forum in the incubating/hatching section is corny?
wink.png

Congrats!

Quote:
Hahaha, it was more the eggciting comment i made that was corny
lol.png
It was the post popular class in school today! Some of my eggs are now in the incubator as well. I wont want to leave when they start hatching.

Not sure on the chicks, SB was on the egg so a silkie or a sussex perhaps? If i can get the pic of my phone i shall post it here

after thinking i would have to wait until tuesday for more news, Bumped into the teacher at the shops and there is now 9 little peepers and 1 more working its way out!!

Cant wait to see the little things!

Back
Top Bottom