So eggcited to get new incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shanshan51, Dec 15, 2011.

1. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    I just ordered a Custom Cabinet Incubator from www.customincubators.com. Hopefully with the ability to hold 126 eggs up top and 40 on bottom I can hatch until my hearts content with better success rates!

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Ohhh, good luck with that, and congratulations! [​IMG] Since it's such a large incubator, what will you be hatching?

3. shanshan51

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Quote:My love in the chicken world is BLRW and Buff Laced Polish. We have BLRW due to start breeding and laying anytime. Our Buff laced should hatch soon for next years breeding. And we hope to do Silver Campines if we can pick up some stock at the upcoming Stockton show [​IMG] and whatever we get an itch to breed. So far its too many

4. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    I have been eyeballing those as well. Be sure and post how it performs!

5. shanshan51

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Will do. I am finally fed up with my LG 9200. It works and all but I want more consistency and better hatch rates!

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Beautiful BLRW hen in your avatar! Happy for you! I have to keep my numbers down below 20......I've got limited space.

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I use my cabinet incubator to incubate in and my LG and Hova-Bator styrofoam incubators to hatch in.

8. shanshan51

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Thank you. That is the pic of the "breeders" hen that I got mine from. They are about 5-6 months old right now so look like Dinosaurs and not quite pic ready yet lol. The incubator I ordered has a hatching drawer at the bottom so I can do an all in one!

9. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    They make some beautiful incubators, let us know how it works out, I am going to be building one soon similar to theirs to save a lil dough but man o man it would be easier to buy one lol

10. shanshan51

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Will do. We were going to build one too but then we added up the materials and time and decided to purchase this one because he has a sale going on. We have built so much lately we were afraid to take on another task! We put these pens up last weekend and it took 3 days. My fiance loves to build but decided we need a bread from it lol

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by