so embarassed

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Jan 19, 2010.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I was leaving walmart and almost passed out... if it wasn't for my moms shopping cart I would have hit the floor... the nice people greater came over and checked on my cause she saw what happened... I have chiari malformation... Usually if i can stand still and just let it pass... today was the worst episode i have ever had.. I have had 2 more episodes since i have bben home... one time i was in the bathtub(luckily i was already sitting down) I have been sick since yesterday with a cold and I know that is not helping...I am scared because my DH is outof town working.. If I have one of these episodes when I am alone and I don't catch it in time I may hurt myself...I have no insurance to go to the doctor...I was already been told by my neuro doc that i will need surgery one dayand I fear that time maybe coming soon.. I have to be careful when i do because my last surgery(neck surgery) they had alot of trouble getting me to wake up...I wish my DH could come home but he can't right now... he will be home friday but he will be leaving again monday... I know i sound like a big baby but I am really terrified.

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:[​IMG]

Do you have any support that live near you? If not, I can call periodically through the day to make sure you are okay. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. I'm thinking of you and will check this again when I get back from work.

Donna

3. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Sorry that you have to deal with that, though I'm not familiar with it. It sounds scary, my MIL has had problems waking up from surgery, but had to get her knee redone, the Anesthesiologist did a good job and she came through it fine. I hope they can fix you up. Be safe.

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    You were with mom? Can she stay with you for a few days until you feel better?

I have passed out in public and I know it is humiliating, but mostly people want to help you, so let them. I hate that people have to deal with illnesses like this and cannot see a doctor out of fear of the cost..... so stupid but I don't want to start that up.

Ask for help. If you are out and it comes on sit on the floor. Who cares if people look at you funny. Go to people and wal-mart.com get a good giggle and realize that passing out is so not the most embarrassing thing to happen in wal-mart [​IMG]

Feel better.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Aww! that stinks! I'm so sorry for you.. [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

7. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    my mom lives next door... I know she will check on me ... It is hard for her to get up my stairs because she is disabled... she can call and check on me periodically... my daughter is here after school so I am not to worried then its just the times when she is at school... my daughter has been a blessing ... she is 13 but is much more mature than that... I really wish my hubby was here I would feel so much better...

8. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Quote:[​IMG]

Do you have any support that live near you? If not, I can call periodically through the day to make sure you are okay. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. I'm thinking of you and will check this again when I get back from work.

Donna

thank you ...

9. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    I understand that, I have passed out at Walmart and Fred Meyers in the same afternoon, my DH works out of town, state & country alot. My children are a blessing, but have their own lives to live, with children of their own.

So I have learned to take things a bit slower, and if I don;t feel right, I sit down where ever. Better to look foolish than have another injury to deal with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by