So excited; after the doc appt I have a friend

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
meeting me in town who has the shopping and fashion gene (of which I am missing!!!) and she & I are meeting up
at a used store and we are gonna get me some clothes!!!

I do NOT have the shopping gene lol...I buy things that I THINK will look cute; but get them home and I'm like uhh..
wtheck was I thinking..this looks dorky!!!

so I never wear it...this lady; she's younger than me...but she is always well dressed in jeans/accessories and I need
casual outfits for everyday shopping and going to church things...

I'm just excited because she's going to put things together for me to help me mix and match..yay!

My best friend is going through a divorce and thus moved into me and my boyfriends spare room. Well ever since she moved in I've realized just how dumpy I can be! Oh she's the perfect tall skinny beautiful blonde and I'm- well I'm a mess haha. Anyways she's kind o gotten me to buy perfumes and earrings and pull myself together on a daily basis just because I don't want to be the "plain" friend lol. I think I know how to dress now! (but that's still disputed)

Last edited:
I love friends like that.
"What do you think?
big_smile.png
"
"Eh....
hide.gif
Try this."

God was very good to me when he picked out my friends.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Oh I have the gene but not the finances. So I don't keep up with things like Doony an Bourke or Toki Doki. Heck I didn't even know who D@B was till a year ago. I just don't sweat about that stuff because we decided that I would stay at home. I still do my hair and put on the make up but apparently not enough because last night my husband asked me why I wasn't dressed up to go to the high school spring concert. My hair was fixed and I had on light make up. But I was wearing my sons Pink Floyd shirt. I told him yeah I have a couple of dresses but no hose or shoes to wear with them so I couldn't dress up. It kinda ticked me off. Stinkin men want you to look like a fortune but cry if you spend a dime to do so. Hmm. I have a little job that I work about 12 hrs a week and today I get paid. Maybe I should just go spend that whole dang check on clothes, make up, hair stuff and jewelry for me and see the way he reacts. Yeah that would go over really well. I think I'm going shopping today!!!!!

Last edited:
go shopping honey!!

My hubby begs me to buy clothing lol cause thats how rarely I do it!

I'm going to this really fashionable, but casual too; used clothing store...
tops range from $3 to $15 depending on what it is...I RARELY buy anything over $5
for a top lolol...maybe thats my issue

I just need 4 or 5 outfits for church/date night w/hubby or meetings for the biz when I rarely have them..
and need a few casual ones and some throw on tshirt/tops for around the house...

Oh man the thrift store is FUN

I love going on $2 wednesdays and picking up stuff. We have a great one here that gets high end donations. But nothing like an under $10 full outfit from Talbots, JJill, or Coldwater Creek.

I had to stop going for a bit, my closet is too full. I keep thinking that I should go and put together office/interview outfits and sell for the cost and postage to people in other areas that are not so lucky.

The biggest thing, is find your own personal style and look for things to fit what you like and not what you see on tv.

Quote:
i gotta admit, i am a thrift store junkie also. plus ross and tj max alot. I feel guilty spending 35 bucks on a plain white t-shirt

butttt i will also admit that every now and then i will splurge on a hundred dollar dress or something just cuz it makes me feel soooooo pretty
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom