So Excited! Getting a dog!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by nurturingnaturally, Jan 12, 2011.

1. nurturingnaturally

nurturingnaturally Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2010
    I am so excited, and don't know where else to share, so here I am! We are (probably) adopting a weim this weekend and I couldn't be more excited. I had them in high school (mo parents have one still, the other was just lost her battle with cancer). Losing Mocha to cancer was so sad, and so hard, but really made me realize how much I miss having a dog in the house (married, with kids, in my own place). So, I started poking around on CL and found a weim who was recently rescued and the family who has him are trying to find him a home before they have to take him to a shelter. He sounds awesome and we go meet him Saturday. Now I just need to find a cheap crate (for now, we'll buy him nicer stuff with our tax refund), or borrow one and get food, leash, ect. So excited!

2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    [​IMG] congrats on the weim
    this is my boy jake
    [​IMG]

3. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

4. nurturingnaturally

nurturingnaturally Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2010
    Thanks, and Jake is a cutie! Looks like everyone is in approval and we meet him Saturday, so now it's just making sure it's a good fit when we meet him. If so, then we bring him home. I know rescues can be a lot of work, but I think it's worth it.

5. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Congratulations! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Funny that I looked at your post this morning. I had a dream last night that I went and got a Weimeraner pup from a guy for my brother. We had a Wiemeraner when I was very young, and it was my older brother's job to walk him every day. He's told me several times that if he ever got a dog, he would like a Weim. I don't know why I happened to dream about getting him one. [​IMG]

7. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    those dreams mean you should go look on petfinder [​IMG]

8. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Congfratulations [​IMG]

9. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Congratulations....don't forget we need pics. I love all my dogs so much. They are a big part of our family.

10. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Muddyhorse wrote about my reply to this thread:
    those dreams mean you should go look on petfinder

That's pretty funny-----you need to read my post "Am I Insane" under "Other Pets and Livestock".​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by