So excited! Getting more Coturnix quails!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by monarc23, Nov 3, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I cannot wait until this saturday!!!! On craigslist I found a lady who has a ton of coturnixs for sale! A & Ms, Tibetans (british range), Goldens, and tuxedos!!!! Ofcourse she also has browns. They're not from my lines, and she's willing to sell me adults! I am on cloud nine! I didn't think I'd get to get these colors until spring when I'd have to buy hatching eggs!

So I think I'll be getting a few more goldens, tibetans, and getting my first strain of A & Ms, as well as tuxedos! OOOH i couldnt be happier!

I'm hoping to get atleast 20. [​IMG]

I will post pictures when I get em back home sometime on saturday weather permitting! [​IMG]

Niki

2. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    where is she located? I still want some!!! :thun [​IMG]

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    awesome!!

Jacob, I've been busy for a few days, what happened to PP!?

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Congrats and lots of luck.

I am so sorry that I forgot to tell you. The seeds came in a while ago and I cant wait to plant them next year lol. [​IMG] I just remembered

5. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    What is this "PP" everyone is talking about?????

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Double P is Perfectly_Polish.

7. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    That's great to hear Stevie that's fine that you forgot seeds aren't as important as birdies! HEHE! Least they aren't to me. [​IMG] You'll have to let me know how well they germinate for ya in the spring when ya plant em! [​IMG]

I wish they were close to ya buttonquailboy [​IMG] She's about an hour and a half south of me in bedford county.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  8. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I will let you know. Cant wait to watch them grow. Maybe next year I will ahve some white butterfly bush seeds off my buddleia [​IMG]

9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:butterfly bushes are pretty, I also love the wild hummingbird vine that grows around here witht he pretty orange trumpet shaped flowers. My mom has a purple butterfly bush, some years it grows really pathetically and other years it grows huge and blooms really pretty. I haven't noticed it seed yet either as well and it's 3 years old.

10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I heard that if you prune the butterfly bush back it will have bigger flowers. I cut mine down to about 1 inch and every year its got big flower heads. I tried humingbird vines but they never grow for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by